[conlang_learners] Food for thought

Olivier Simon cafaristeir at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 23 09:11:14 PDT 2009

Sellamat Dayle !

I agree, that's going to be an interesting point, if the chosen auxlang permits such minor changes.
On the auxlang list, a few months ago, we had wondered about the possible evolution of our invented auxlangs.
For sambahsa, my interrogation concerned the existence of the "undetermined" gender, i.e. when the gender of the substantive is unknown or when it is a plural of different genders. Will the speakers maintain it or, on the contrary, drop it, and replace it with the masculine ? Another question refers to the optional endings of substantives which appear mainly in the written language. Will they endure or be given up ?
The mother language will surely reflect in the use of tenses; I know that I tend to use more periphrastic tenses when I translate from English than from French.
The vocabulary will surely bear the mark of its speakers (Sambahsa has a lot of influences), in a first time, they may tend to overromanize it !

Olivier
http://sambahsa.pbworks.com/