[conlang_learners] Length of time to learn

Olivier Simon cafaristeir at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 14 09:47:47 PDT 2009

Re-sellamat !

The distinction between auxlang and artlang is not always easy as I know it from my own experience: Sambahsa is itself a mixture of reconstructed language and of auxlang (better: "worldlang", i.e. an auxlang that goes beyond Europe) and was sometimes called an artlang, as it is capable of artistic creations.

Even complexity can't make the distinction, as some "pure" auxlangs can be incredibly difficult. Outside Sambahsa, my preference goes to reasonably learnable conlangs; I had already experienced Brithenig, Frenkish, Vorlin and some Adelic. For my own fun, I have created three elvish languages, one scandinavian artlang and two other ones based on old IE (one of them was the ancestor of Sambahsa).

Many writings in sambahsa are available in the files section here:
http://groups.google.com/group/sambahsa-mundialect
and show that auxlanging and artlanging are not exclusive of each other.

Olivier
http://sambahsa.pbworks.com/