[conlang_learners] Creators' permission to use conlangs for this project

Jim Henry jimhenry1973 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 13:50:57 PDT 2009

On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 4:39 PM, Arthaey Angosii<arthaey at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 11:53 AM, Jim Henry<jimhenry1973 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I myself have written blog posts talking about Real Life stuff, so
> that obviously doesn't fit into their conworld setting. I view it as,
> what if some Asha'ille speakers time-traveled back to Earth now with
> their language and culture -- how would they speak here? That's been
> my guiding philosophy.
>
> So our potential speaker community would work under that assumption.
> (Of course, I wouldn't stop anyone from role-playing that they were a
> feline or human speaker from the conworld. :) )

That would be really nifty, either with Asha'ille or with another
artlang with a conculture.

Elizabeth Barrette wrote in reply to my conlang fluency survey:

>>>...... When I make a concerted effort
to learn a language, here's how I do it. (This is not how most humans do
it.)
>>>1) Choose a name to be the part of myself who will be a native speaker
in this language. ......

If we pick an artlang with a conculture -- and maybe even if we don't
-- I think it would be fun and maybe helpful to devise names and
personas for ourselves within the conculture.

> So no, it wouldn't bother me too much if the speaker community
> diverged. But presumably the community will *try* to adhere to the
> original description, right?

Yes, I expect so.

--
Jim Henry