[conlang_learners] Welcome, and some proposals for what conlang to learn

Jim Henry jimhenry1973 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 13 20:50:59 PDT 2009

On Sat, Jun 13, 2009 at 12:23 PM, Mechthild Czapp<0zu149 at gmx.de> wrote:

>> > Not sure whether it is smart to think about 'riva... err, splitting up
>> now already.

> 'riva just means 'to split up in 2 parts/to fork' it was one of the times when I thought of the rejistanian word before the English or German one, and I just wanted to share that blunder ;)

A few days ago, at the supper the night before my
cousin's wedding, some of our friend and relations
were talking about use of PDAs and computers vs.
paper notebooks, index cards, etc.  My uncle (the
bride's father) said something about preferring index
cards or a portable small notebook to a PDA, and
I unthinkingly said "Ќ mew" (gzb: "Me too"), taking
a couple of  index cards [with notes on Taruven's
inflectional suffixes, for preparing for the inverse relay]
from my pocket.   I was immediately embarrassed
by my inappropriate code-switching, but nobody
seemed to notice or mind; perhaps the gesture
made the meaning of what I said clear enough,
and there was enough background noise that they
assumed I had actually said "me too" and it sounded
weird because of the noise of other conversations
at neighboring tables.

--
Jim Henry
http://www.pobox.com/~jimhenry/