[conlang_learners] Thoughts 2

Olivier Simon cafaristeir at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 13 05:04:21 PDT 2009

Re-sellamat !

As for Frenkish, D.Parke keeps on increasing the vocabulary; he even accepted a few neologisms from my own translations.

The dissonances between romance languages can be levelled if the auxlang has a good derivational system, like Occidental. Nevertheless, I agree that interferences remain...
I share the opinion that learning a romanolang would be of little interest (but should we include there Brithenig, which is grammatically a Romance language ?)
The romance vocabulary is important and it can't be entirely discarded in an auxlang deviced for international communication (even in Sambahsa, one third of the vocabulary is Romance); but there is no reason to consider the whole of Romance vocabulary to be international; it applies essentially to the technical and scientifical vocabulary.

Olivier
http://sambahsa.blogspot.com/