[conlang_learners] Thoughts 2

James Montgomery dreamripple at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 13 04:50:12 PDT 2009

I definitely agree that Frenkish is much better to look at and probably easier to remember. A quick browse also showed that the creator is encouraging vocabulary building, although I didn't see the mechanics involved in doing so. A huge plus!

I did have another thought as well, after reading the post of Our Father in Sambhasa. I'm also a troller of language learning forums and have seen that people usually have trouble remembering the distinctions in vocabulary between two similar languages. Spanish and Portuguese for example, are frequently mixed up with each other by non-native speakers. Pick any IE Romance language and you'll get a similar situation.

My point is that we probably shouldn't piggy-back Romlangs. That's all.

James