[conlang_learners] Welcome, and some proposals for what conlang to learn

Jim Henry jimhenry1973 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 16:27:21 PDT 2009

2009/6/12 Roger Mills <rfmilly at msn.com>:

> I'd be pleased if anyone would take an interest in my Kash
> http://cinduworld.tripod.com/contents.htm
>
> Main problem is that it's a conworld language, and requires loanwords
> (Spanish and Italian are best from the phonological POV) for a lot or Terran
> stuff.

I was actually going to nominate Kash, but when I
looked at the website for the first time in a long while
I didn't see as many texts in Kash as I thought I
remembered there being.  Do you have some texts
that aren't on the website?

(My gzb has a corpus maybe a fifty times larger
than the texts on the website; a lot of it is journal
entries too private to share, but not nearly all -- it's
just more enjoyable to write stuff in gzb than to transcribe
it and put it in a form suitable for public consumption.
Writing interlinear glosses takes several times longer
than writing a text itself, and even putting a text
through a script that hyperlinks each morpheme to
the lexicon entry takes time and effort that I'd rather
spend on writing new stuff.  I've been working on
transcribing more stuff from notebooks to send
to Brett Williams since he started learning gzb,
though.)

--
Jim Henry
http://www.pobox.com/~jimhenry/