[conlang_learners] Welcome, and some proposals for what conlang to learn

Roger Mills rfmilly at msn.com
Fri Jun 12 22:08:45 PDT 2009

Jim Henry wrote:

> I was actually going to nominate Kash, but when I
> looked at the website for the first time in a long while
> I didn't see as many texts in Kash as I thought I
> remembered there being.  Do you have some texts
> that aren't on the website?

There are more, but I've been too lazy or preoccupied to insert links.......

http://cinduworld.tripod.com/foucault.pdf  (from "Foucault's Pendulum")
http://cinduworld.tripod.com/marriage.pdf  (parts served as 2 relay texts--the longest thing I've written so far)
http://cinduworld.tripod.com/relay16_kash.pdf (for the native script version, with translit. and translat., lacks the vocab and grammar notes)
http://cinduworld.tripod.com/recipes.htm (one)

The little poem "fosi tambranipan" on the _alphabet_ page is the very first thing I ever wrote in Kash, way back in 1976.

I also have an old (needs revision) version of "A Hopi Elder Speaks" (2nd thing I ever wrote, around 2000) and a translation of the Biblical passage (Apocrypha) that begins "Let us now praise famous men...." (I might have sent this to Conlang-L-- if you want, search for that text, or my name, or rfmilly-- I don't recall which email addr I was using at the time.)

There are lots of relay texts in various archived relays; I don't have copies anymore. Most are rather short, and often incomprehensible :-(  (not MY fault!!).