[conlang_learners] Voting mechanisms

Sai Emrys conlangs at saizai.com
Fri Jun 12 15:28:54 PDT 2009

On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 1:44 PM, Arthaey Angosii<arthaey at gmail.com> wrote:
> Or we could have a web page that collects vote via a script. We'd
> still want a human admin to make sure things are running correctly,
> and to reveal the count at the end, and maybe make the voting data
> available for audit if things look weird.

Definitely another possibility. You might want to put in some sort of
guard against multiple votes or spam votes - for example, one can use
one-time tokens.

But IMO this is more complex than it's worth, especially with the need
for some recoverability if it fails. (And speaking as one who does it
for a living, programs fail a lot.)

- Sai