[conlang_learners] Q&A page

Dayle Hill dwhmusic32 at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jun 26 10:01:50 PDT 2009

Hi all. Just an idea for when the chosen conlang is selected and ready to be learned. How about the creator setting up a Q&A page on the wiki? For example, we might want to ask, "How important is the word order"? or "If I put the adjective after the noun, is there a semantic issue"? etc. I know there will be grammatical explanations already on the conlang's website, but this is a nicely tuned string to the bow!

This way, it saves the creator becoming inundated with emails. All the creator then has to do is regularly check the page and update it. We can simply look at the Q&A's and our questions may already be answered. Of course, it shouldn't be used as a single source of learning!

Maybe we could create some kind of template with some FAQ ready for September (obviously this can be edited to suit). It could also act as a kind of information exchange on the conlang (or maybe that would be better as a separate page).
Dayle

"I'm strange to those who are normal, and normal to those who are strange; quite frankly-I prefer the latter"!