[conlang_learners] Q&A page

Jim Henry jimhenry1973 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 27 11:35:43 PDT 2009

2009/6/26 Dayle Hill <dwhmusic32 at yahoo.co.uk>:
> Hi all. Just an idea for when the chosen conlang is selected and ready to be
> learned. How about the creator setting up a Q&A page on the wiki? For
> This way, it saves the creator becoming inundated with emails. All the

That's a good idea to pass on to the creator of the chosen conlang
(unless we end up reviving a moribund conlang without its creator's
involvement).  Some creators may prefer that method, others may want
to use a mailing list devoted to the conlang, or some other method.

> Maybe we could create some kind of template with some FAQ ready for
> September (obviously this can be edited to suit). It could also act as a
> kind of information exchange on the conlang (or maybe that would be better
> as a separate page).

Hmm, maybe.  What questions can you think of that would be applicable
to just about any conlang, regardless of what kind it is or how well
documented it already is?   For any question I can think of, it seems
that either it wouldn't be applicable to all types of languages, or it
might be clearly answered in the early pages of the conlang's lessons
or grammar.

--
Jim Henry
http://www.pobox.com/~jimhenry/