[conlang_learners] khanjis in Sambahsa

Olivier Simon cafaristeir at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 25 02:51:00 PDT 2009

"Khanji" is the sambahsa word for "sinogram";
Thanks for the link; I will try to find on the net some dictionary which really lists which khanjis are common to Japanese and Mandarin.
But, for the moment, I'm working on a quite similar project; the possibility that sambahsa words stemming from Arabic, Parsi and Urdu be written in arabic letters !
Sambahsa, besides its Indo-European base, includes words common to languages of different linguistic families. For languages which do not use the roman alphabet, that plays only on a phonetic level. With the (optional) possibility of using words written in other systems, I just want to test a further degree of internationality.

Thanks

Olivier
http://sambahsa.pbworks.com/