[conlang_learners] LAadan

Daniel Brockman dbrockman at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 17:39:46 PDT 2009

I just thought I'd chip in to say that I would be pretty excited about
learning Láadan!

I’m a Lojbanist, and so I’m interested in Láadan’s influence on
Lojban.  In a way, Láadan seems to be a sort of mirror image of
Lojban: while Lojban is logical, Láadan is emotional, but they seem
rather similar in other ways.

By the way, I think Láadan, with its consciously emotional worldview,
is a better candidate for testing the Sapir-Whorf hypothesis than
Lojban could ever be — simply because emotions are more fundamentally
human than logic could ever be.

Anyway, I don’t know much about Láadan, really.  I just wanted to
express some more enthusiasm for it. :-)

--
Daniel Brockman
daniel at gointeractive.se