[conlang_learners] Asha'ille

James Montgomery dreamripple at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 14 03:29:40 PDT 2009

Hey everyone,

I wanted to take a look at Asha'ille to get a better idea of it. I went straight to the grammar, as it's the first thing I do with a natlang or conlang. It's my weakest link, but I am also aware of using alternative materials to aurally pick-up grammar and vocabulary.

I started reading through the grammar and felt like it was too complex. If I was an English grammar major or linguist, it would probably be cake. I play with DNA, not Deixis.

The pronunciation isn't in user-friendly form, although I'm sure it is very precise. It looks like a bunch of heiroglyphs to me. I did like the originality of the words I saw, but would have a hard time internalizing them without the pronunciation being a bit more intuitive.

Some of the examples given are very easy to understand. I've also noticed that the problem in English with heteronyms would be easy to have here.

I'd have to say that grammar-wise, Asha'ille would take longer to get anywhere with in the proposed time for each conlang.

dreamripple