[conlang_learners] Voting procedure wiki page

Padraic Brown elemtilas at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 29 15:17:13 PDT 2009

--- On Sat, 8/29/09, Olivier Simon <cafaristeir at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi Tony !
>
> If you've already  joined us (at least
> yesterday) I don't see why you should be banned from the
> vote.

No one is being "banned". Tony, like myself, is not participating in the learing aspect of the project, therefore while either of us còuld vote, we are in stead abstaining. Not as bad as voting "present", but not all of us have a stake in the actual outcome.

> My opinion applied only to the time during the voting
> period and the tiny period before (Jim and his helpers might
> need a few time to prepare the list of entitled voters
> before the vote is open).

The list Owner has ready access to names and email addresses of everyone in the group at any given time. At his convenience, Jim can obtain the list and forward it to the vote counters. Should take about two minutes.

> Being a conlang-inventor shows
> that you supposedly have knowledge on this topic and that
> your vote may be interesting (of course, if you really
> don't feel like, you are not obliged to vote...)

Whether or not a conlanger's vote might be "interesting" or not, I think Tony is spot on in abstaining. This vote is really for the people who plan on participating in the actual learning portion of the project. Let thóse people decide what language they'll end up learning!

Padraic