[conlang_learners] Date and manner of voting and announcing results

Jim Henry jimhenry1973 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 11:52:28 PDT 2009

I'm forwarding the more relevant parts of an offlist conversation I
had with Padraic Brown while the listserv was unavailable.  A short
summary:

1. 17 September, the feast day of St. Hildegard of Bingen, would be a
good date for announcing the results of the vote and starting to learn
the chosen language.

2. The vote counters ought to post detailed results of the IRV
vote-counting process, probably on FrathWiki, as the Hugo Award
vote-counting committee does after the award ceremony at WorldCon.