[conlang_learners] We're back!

Jim Henry jimhenry1973 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 22 04:36:06 PDT 2009

On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 12:57 AM, Amanda Babcock
Furrow<langs at quandary.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 09:03:47AM -0400, Jim Henry wrote:
>
>> 2. Matthew Turnbull volunteered to count votes.  It would be nice to
>> have a third volunteer to count votes, but I don't think it's
>> absolutely necessary.
>
> I volunteer to be a third vote-counter.

Excellent.  I think we're all set to start voting on 1 September.  I
think of all the people who have posted since I proposed a detailed
voting procedure on 16 August, only one opposed using IRV (and he
subsequently changed his mind, or at least withdrew his objections)
and only one objected to running the election from 1 to 7 September,
so we have a pretty strong if not unanimous consensus to proceed with.

--
Jim Henry
http://www.pobox.com/~jimhenry/