[conlang_learners] Learning Kēlen

Philip Newton philip.newton at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 12:38:07 PDT 2009

Hi, I wrote to Sylvia Sotomayor and told her that Kēlen was one of the
two languages voted for.

She seemed pleased that her language was chosen.

She started her email with a sentence which I took to be for sharing
with the list:

"""
selre lelāñ mo ri la mawālanni ma se antaxōni ankēleni;

lelāñ   thank you
mawālanen   student
antaxōni   language
"""

She said that we should go ahead and create a mailing list at
conlang.org and subscribe her to it; she would post a slightly longer
introduction/welcome there.

what to call it, and Sylvia didn't suggest a name, either; perhaps
kelen_learners?)

You may remember that she said that school comes first, paid work
second, and conlanging a distant third; she mentioned in her email
that her workload is fairly low at the moment. So this may leave her
with a bit more time for conlanging (e.g. responding to students'
texts or maybe even to individual questions) than if she had both
school and work to contend with.

So, have fun learning Kēlen!

...which reminds me, should we divide up the group into two
sub-groups, learning Kēlen and gjâ-zym-byn? Or should we just set up
the Kēlen mailing list and then let everybody subscribe to that and/or
the gjâ-zym-byn one Jim mentioned already, as they like, i.e. people
sort themselves out, and possibly belong to both if they feel like it?

Theoretically, this could even mean that people who voted for
gjâ-zym-byn only will now learn Kēlen (or vice versa), but why not?

Cheers,
Philip
--
Philip Newton <philip.newton at gmail.com>