[conlang_learners] Good Luck

Dayle Hill dwhmusic32 at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Sep 1 15:22:44 PDT 2009

So, at last we reach the vote! I still have a couple of conlangs to look through, but it looks like I'm going to have to base my vote on how easy the documentation presented is to understand. My problem is: I become quite confused by some of the intense grammatical terminology and explanations I find on a few of the shortlist websites; they look like really good, dynamic languages...but I just cant follow them!

I've been studying languages for a relatively short time-around 6 years, but not to an extensive degree. I have a good understanding of grammar, syntax etc but its akin to my guitar playing; I have played guitar for over 30 years and can learn a song in 5 minutes flat-but cannot read a single note of music! I can now invent conlangs like I'm eating cake-but have to present them in an (almost) childlike way.

I've often felt a bit out of my depth within this project...but thought I'd persevere and do my best.
Good luck to all on the shortlist...and especially to the chosen one; it will be a huge accolade for the creator!
Dayle

"I'm strange to those who are normal, and normal to those who are strange; quite frankly-I prefer the latter"!