[conlang_learners] Food for thought

kate rhodes masukomi at masukomi.org
Tue Jun 23 11:36:01 PDT 2009

> If the conlang is inflexible, then increasing the poo, of speakers will
> cause some potential friction. So, again, should we not give greater weight
> to those with some mechanism for "official" change?

the inflexibility is precisely why i didn't bother to keep up with Toki
Pona. I appreciate its philosophy but the fact that there are problems (like
the total inability to indicate the center of a circle)  but you have zero
hope of the language growing or changing to compensate for them, is very
frustrating. All languages have failings, but all living languages evolve to
handle problems and new concepts.

-Kate