[conlang_learners] Submission of conlangs

Padraic Brown elemtilas at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 19 16:31:21 PDT 2009

--- On Thu, 6/18/09, Kelvin Jackson <kechpaja at comcast.net> wrote:

> > I guess it's cos I see conlangs as pieces of art. I
> mean, becoming part of a real honest-to-God speaking
> community for a conlang is rather like buying a statue of a
> nymph and going to bed with her...
>
> That analogy might be going a little bit too far.:)

A bit unusual, but I don't think too far. I was thinking specifically of people who've brought their kids up bilingual in Klingon or something like that. There is a risk in taking things too far.

In the bits of reply that I snipped, I agree that something along the lines of a course in school or a lengthy project, with the option for continuing study after a set time-frame.

Padraic