[conlang_learners] shortlist

Arthaey Angosii arthaey at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 11:42:07 PDT 2009

On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 10:14 AM, Jim Henry<jimhenry1973 at gmail.com> wrote:
> We should probably annotate the wiki page to say which conlangs we
> have their creator's permission to use and which ones' creators still
> need to be contacted, etc.  I'll start on that now.

I noticed that the shortlist wiki page
(http://wiki.frath.net/Learners_shortlist) now has annotations about
the type of conlang, including "exo - nonhuman language." The "exo"
presumably is short for "exotic"; it currently describes only Frith
and Kēlen.

What about non-exotic non-human languages? Asha'ille is spoken by
felines, but I'm following along with Roger's Kash and declaring that
they must have evolved brains and speaking apparati similar enough to
humans that we humans can also understand and speak their language.

So it's not really "exotic" in that sense, but it DOES have a
conculture... Maybe we could add "cult" for languages with an
associated conculture that impacts the language?

--
AA