[conlang_learners] shortlist

Arthaey Angosii arthaey at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 16:11:23 PDT 2009

On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 12:16 PM, Jim Henry<jimhenry1973 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Still, with as many
> people as we have in this group all deciding to learn a language, we
> probably have enough knowledgable people among to create whatever
> entry methods for various operating systems we need for our chosen
> conlang, and teach the rest of us how to use them.  For some of these
> conlangs, such entry methods already exist (though probably not for
> all operating systems).
>
> Restricting ourselves to conlangs that can be written with ASCII (or
> even just those using Latin-1) would limit us way too much, I think.

I completely agree. I would suggest we select the language(s) to study
based on other criteria, then have a "Tech" thread to help people with
typing the orthography easily. Once that's squared away, we shouldn't
be too worried that a conlang uses many diacritics.

As Jim says, we have enough programmers on the list to whip up
something, if it doesn't already exist.

--
AA