[conlang_learners] Submission of conlangs

Alexandre Baudry abaudry at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 18 13:20:45 PDT 2009

> Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 14:16:46 -0400
> From: langs at quandary.org
> To: conlang_learners at conlang.org
> Subject: Re: [conlang_learners] Submission of conlangs
>
> On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 09:01:08AM -0700, Padraic Brown wrote:
>
> > I had also thought, though I may be wrong, that this is not just a one-off
> > deal. In other words, if for example Verdurian were chosen in Sept.,
> > there's no reason the project couldn't start over with another language
> > chosen by Sol Invictus.
>
> I think that's a great idea, but I also personally would rather choose one
> language and stick with it - with the idea of building a community of
> speakers for that language, not just to move on to the next one.  If others
> feel the same, there might be some attrition after the first round or two.

  I agree too. I think the different projects of language learning shouldn't be too close in time. Maybe at least one year or two.

   The more there are time between it, the more the people will be interested each time, but the more there will be frustation if one didn't like the last chosen language. [I don't know if I am clear... ^^"]

  Amanda, can you remind me what is attrition ^^"? thanks,