[conlang_learners] Welcome, and some proposals for what conlang to learn

Jim Henry jimhenry1973 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 14 08:38:01 PDT 2009

On Sun, Jun 14, 2009 at 9:40 AM, Mechthild Czapp<0zu149 at gmx.de> wrote:

>> Well, it seems that Jeffrey Henning is less insanely busy with work
>> and less hard to contact these days than he was a while ago -- he came

> This would be possible if I knew how to contact him, but unfortunately a quick search with Metacrawler yielded no usable results...

Sai Emrys has been in contact with him fairly recently, I think;
perhaps he could give you his email address, or more likely forward a
message from you to him.

>> Personally, I would rank Fith fairly low among the conlangs that have
>> been mentioned so far here precisely because I doubt it's
>> human-speakable,

> Well, this is why Fith interests me: Is it really not human speakable or does it just need to get some time to get used to. Forth is something, I not only got used to rather quickly, but which seems to be logical. I am inclined not to believe the myth that Fith is that unspeakable and since others already mentioned other conlangs which are more philosophical, it seemed a good idea.

All right.   If you can get the lost Fith materials from Jeffrey, or
at least his permission to reconstruct and expand the language from
the materials that are still available, I'd be game for trying to
learn it if the group's consensus points that way.

(If we end up splitting into two groups, one studying an auxlang and
one studying an artlang or engelang, I would like to participate in
both groups and try to learn both conlangs, though I'd pick one to
focus on primarily and be prepared to drop the other one if I started
to feel overwhelmed or started experiencing too much interference from
learning two languages at once.)

--
Jim Henry
http://www.pobox.com/~jimhenry/