[conlang_learners] Welcome, and some proposals for what conlang to learn

Mechthild Czapp 0zu149 at gmx.de
Sun Jun 14 06:40:43 PDT 2009

> Well, it seems that Jeffrey Henning is less insanely busy with work
> and less hard to contact these days than he was a while ago -- he came
> to LCC3, for instance.   So if you want to try to email him and ask
> him for Fith materials that aren't online, and for permission to use
> Fith for this project, go ahead; it can't hurt.

This would be possible if I knew how to contact him, but unfortunately a quick search with Metacrawler yielded no usable results...

> Personally, I would rank Fith fairly low among the conlangs that have
> been mentioned so far here precisely because I doubt it's
> human-speakable,
Well, this is why Fith interests me: Is it really not human speakable or does it just need to get some time to get used to. Forth is something, I not only got used to rather quickly, but which seems to be logical. I am inclined not to believe the myth that Fith is that unspeakable and since others already mentioned other conlangs which are more philosophical, it seemed a good idea. (I know that in Fith insane things can be done with the stack, insane sentences which cannot be parsed in real time can also constructed in any language of your choice (probably excluding Toki Pona ;-) just either look at the tax laws or try to translate a sentence from the tax laws of your country into it ;-) I think however that we are understimating the versatality of the mind)

At least, this is how I see it.

~Mechthild

--
Va'xen tekne'het jasam alna! Va'xen tekne'het ojyu alna! Va'xen tekne'het tene'xen!
Let us make the world more colorful! Let us make the world crazier! Let us make the world our world!