[conlang_learners] IE vs non IE

Olivier Simon cafaristeir at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 14 05:50:22 PDT 2009

Oops ! Excuse me, but there was a technical problem that sent abruptly my unfinished message to the list !

I wanted to stress the importance of IE languages in the world: spoken by more than half the world population. Semitic, in terms of grammar, is the most related language family; that means that all the languages of international communication, including Arabic, share nearly the same basic features. Some IE primeval roots have remained common to the languages of Europe and of India and Persia.

Maybe, we should ask ourselves the question of knowing which kind of auxlang we want before going forward. Do we tend rather in the direction of natural looking languages, for international communication, or something aprioristic, which is a like a game for the brain ?

Olivier
http://sambahsa.pbworks.com/