[conlang_learners] Voting mechanisms

Jim Henry jimhenry1973 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 13:19:54 PDT 2009

2009/6/12 Olivier Simon <cafaristeir at yahoo.com>:

> Likewise, the system of the secret ballot is preferable for the sincerity of
> the vote. I think we can trust your honesty...

If we're using a secret ballot, I reckon we would want to select an
vote-counting committee of, say, three people, none of whom have a
conlang of their own under consideration.   So obviously selecting
those people will have to wait until we see what all the nominations
are.   When the time comes we could either ask everyone to mail their
votes to each member of the vote-counting committee, or (better,
probably) we could set up a nonce email address that would go to all
of them.

--
Jim Henry
http://www.pobox.com/~jimhenry/