[conlang_learners] Hello

Wayne S. Rossi felianan at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 12 09:53:46 PDT 2009

I heard about this list on auxlang, where I lurk but don't post too often.  I'm interested in learning "some conlang" among the non-auxlang conlangs, and would like to be part of this project.  I have been thinking along these very lines since reading Arika Okrent's recent book "In the Land of Invented Languages" and would love to see what comes out of this.

I don't have any particular opinion as of yet on the language to be chosen; I don't think it should be any particularly highly-spoken languages, or auxiliary languages.  For pragmatic reasons, all else being equal, I'd be in favor of something that's easier to write in the Latin alphabet rather than harder, but other than that I have an open mind as to what should be learned.

- Wayne S. Rossi