[conlang_learners] khanjis in Sambahsa

Olivier Simon cafaristeir at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 25 00:44:35 PDT 2009

Sellamat Philip !

Thanks for this relevant reply. It's very hard to get reliable data on the net (I worked with Wikimedia and the sole Mandarin-Japanese-English dictionary I've found on the net).
The idea is to use single "khanjis" when they're common to both Mandarin and Japanese (minor modifications can be accepted if there is no problem of identification).
That's why all words coming from Sinitic are not intended to be written with khanjis (like "schangdien" or "khanjis") if they need more than one sinogram (on the contrary, most sambahsa words concerned by khanjis are not from sinitic).

I will amend the webpage according to your remarks. If you know resources on the net that may be useful for me, don't hesitate to forward them to me !

Dank spollay !

Olivier