[conlang_learners] Now or in September?

Jim Henry jimhenry1973 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 08:18:45 PDT 2009

On Sun, Jul 12, 2009 at 10:11 PM, James Montgomery<dreamripple at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I would ask if someone who's been keeping track (ashamedly I have a habit of deleting emails), could color code the "too incomplete" or "too complex"/ "not-at-this-time" a different color on the shortlist. That may take care of a bit of a preliminary vote for us (if we're doing that) and help narrow the possibilities for the "finalists".

The problem with that is that "too incomplete" or other such judgments
are generally one person's opinion, sometimes two or more people's
opinion, contradicted by at least one other person's opinion
(otherwise the conlang wouldn't have been nominated).

Does anyone have a suggestion for a non-prejudicial way to tabulate
these preliminary judgements?   Maybe on the Talk: page of the
"Learners shortlist" wiki page, with signed expressions of opinion
about specific languages' suitability for the project?

--
Jim Henry
http://www.pobox.com/~jimhenry/