[conlang_learners] Now or in September?

James Montgomery dreamripple at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 11 19:43:08 PDT 2009

Concerning the voting, I think there should be multiple votes. A preliminary to pull out the best five (random number) and another to pick the best of those five. After all, a time-frame of four months maximum could be set to allow for a flow of multiple conlangs throughout, which lessens the anxiety of which one is chosen.

HOW we do the voting isn't something I'm going to be much help on. I'm sure there's a shareware poll system out there somewhere, whether a free program or hooked into a website forums, etc... If the concern is over fair selection, then an IP logger would take care of that to check for muliple votes. Or a log-in system with usernames of our roster emails. Keep it as simple as possible kind of thing.

I'd hate to see the momentum lost due to getting bogged down in a selection system.

James