[conlang_learners] Capitals and thorns

Dayle Hill dwhmusic32 at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jul 15 02:50:14 PDT 2009

Response to:
I had a look at the alphabet page and saw that there are, apparently,
capital letters, but I'm not sure when to use them (as in English --
for proper nouns and the first word in a sentence, I presume?), and
what the capital form of each letter was.

Specifically, your use of ? (capital thorn) confused me, and I wonder
what its capital form would be in Dalcurian. (Perhaps ? -- lowercase
thorn?) Or are there no words starting with ??
Hi Philip, thanks for pointing that out to me. Obviously a major oversight on my behalf, but this has now been ammended and updated. There are only a few words that begin with thorn, but I'm considering revising this and replacing it with dh....this will be at some point in the future. Dalcurian auxilliary spelling allows thorn to be represented by th currently.
Thanks
Dayle

"I'm strange to those who are normal, and normal to those who are strange; quite frankly-I prefer the latter"!