[conlang_learners] my conlang Kash

Roger Mills rfmilly at msn.com
Tue Jul 14 09:50:23 PDT 2009

A problem with Kash, of course, is that it's spoken on another planet.  Thus words for Terran stuff, plants and animals in particular, are lacking. Aside from adapting Kash words wherever possible, I can see two other possible solutions-- (1) create new Kash words with specific Terran meanings (2) borrow-- this is what my imaginary Kash resident on Earth does, usually from Spanish or Italian as they best match Kash phonology, but any language could be a potential source.

The romanized spelling system uses just 3 diacritics-- c-cedilla, n-tilde, both rather common;  and the occasional acute accent to mark non-regular stress. I use US-International keyboard, which enables easiest typing of these; I'd imagine they're standard on European keyboards.