[conlang_learners] Conlang Learners Vote list

Padraic Brown elemtilas at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 30 20:31:05 PDT 2009

--- On Sun, 8/30/09, Sai Emrys <conlangs at saizai.com> wrote:

> > For example, Sally Caves is a college prof and
> probably would not have much time to devote to teaching
> Teonaht, though I think it would be a fab language to learn.
> I haven't heard from her, so can't say for certain. Me, I
> would strike it from the list and perhaps recycle it next
> time.
>
> FWIW: I can call her up if she's still not responsive.

Sure. I haven't heard from her, and she's not normally so taciturn. But on the other hand, fall term is just beginning!

> I know her decently well. Without having asked her, I would
> bet that
> a) she would happily agree to having anyone learn the
> language,

I don't disagree with that!

> but b)
> there's near zero chance that you will receive any prompt
> questions. She is perennially over-committed as is.

Indeed! In other words, she might be willing, but probably can not commit herself. She disappears for the school term, only to reappear like a Teonim city rising from the sea mists when you least expect it!

> Up to y'all to judge if that'd be good enough (i.e. based
> on whatever's extant online).

Sadly, the lexicon is not very complete. I'm sure she's just not had time to fill it in and complete it. Grammar is detailed, but without a lot of words it's kind of hard to actually use a language.

Padraic