[conlang_learners] where do we begin?

Jim Henry jimhenry1973 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 30 05:55:24 PDT 2009

2009/8/30 Olivier Simon <cafaristeir at yahoo.com>:
> I suppose we can keep on using this list; but on the other hand, there is a
> risk that "technical" messages (i.e. not related to the study of the xlang
> itself) are getting drowned among the flood of messages concerning the
> learning of the language.

I suppose in any high-traffic group there's a danger of some important
messages getting overlooked by some members.  But I don't quite follow
what you mean about "technical" messages or why it would be a problem
here but not in another mailing list.

Indeed, at some point we'll want to move discussion in and about the
chosen conlang to another forum or list, creating one on conlang.org
or googlegroups.com if one doesn't already exist.  I'm just saying
it's not the most urgent thing; there are other things we can and
probably should do first, right after the language is chosen.

--
Jim Henry
http://www.pobox.com/~jimhenry/