[conlang_learners] Voting procedure wiki page

Padraic Brown elemtilas at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 29 04:31:36 PDT 2009

-- On Sat, 8/29/09, Jim Henry <jimhenry1973 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Something we haven't discussed enough, perhaps, is voting
> eligibility.
>  Do we want to limit the voting to people who are members
> of the
> conlang_learners mailing list or were members of the list
> before a
> certain date?  If so, I can supply a list of names and
> email addresses to the vote counters.

For all practical purposes, the "citizenry" concerned with this particular vote is restricted to people who are reading this list. It makes sense to define eligibility in terms of list membership; but then not make a big deal out of it, because how many people nòt reading the list even know what's going on here? I do think it makes sense for you to supply the vote counters the list of group subscribers so they can become familiar with how many folks are subscribed and who they are. If all of a sudden 400 ballots come pouring in, they'll know something is fishy. And they'll know which of those 400 ballots are "legit".

> Jim Henry

Padraic