[conlang_learners] Verdurian

Philip Newton philip.newton at gmail.com
Sat Aug 22 04:15:13 PDT 2009

2009/8/21 Padraic Brown <elemtilas at yahoo.com>:
> the language itself is extremely well documented.

*nod*

Back when I still spent more time with Almean languages, Verdurian was
the best-documented language by far. I think he said at one point that
he preferred Barakhinei as a language, but if you go by learnability,
Verdurian was the bee's knees.

He's come up with some more languages last I looked properly, but it
wouldn't surprise me if Verdurian was still the best-documented.

> You can recognise a lot of I-E influenced roots in there.

*nods* Especially Russian, and I think some Spanish and French.

The grammar is also pretty SAE/IE-like, which contributes to
learnability for those of us speaking an IE language natively, though
it might not satisfy people looking for something more "exotic".

Cheers,
Philip
--
Philip Newton <philip.newton at gmail.com>