[conlang_learners] voting system

Olivier Simon cafaristeir at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 16 08:14:25 PDT 2009

Sellamat Jim !

This system seems to be good (insofar my poor English knowledges allows me to understand it...), except two things about the list of "prefered conlangs" each one of us will cast into the ballot.

1°) First of all, each vote should be reduced to, let's say, 10 conlangs or less (Imagine that everyone of us proposes a whole list of all the conlangs of the Frath list in order of preference...).

2°) But the biggest problem may be about the computation of preferences, as already put forward by the Marquis de Condorcet:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voting_paradox

Thus, the solution may be to limit the number of conlangs in each vote (ex: 10); then  my choice n°1 will get 10 points,  my choice n°2 will get 9 points, etc...
A voter is not obliged to propose 10 conlangs; if he only proposes 1 conlang, then this only choice will get 10 points and that's all.

Of course, if the result brings conlangs with an equal number of points, then we'll revote on these propositions only.

Spehm to est kafi clar...

Olivier
http://sambahsa.pbworks.com/