[conlang_learners] khanjis in Sambahsa

Olivier Simon cafaristeir at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 5 07:21:02 PDT 2009

To est baygh maedwn. Correcsiem ta khanjis lyt serter !

This means "This is very kind. I'll fix these khanjis a little later !

"To": "that" as a generality
"est": conjugated verb "to be"  (cf. Latin "est", Gothic "ist", Russian "estj"..)
"baygh" : "a lot, very" (Cf. Sanskrit "bahu" = "a lot"; Afrikaans "baaie")
maedwn : from a root "ma" meaning good, exists in Celtic and in Basque I believe. Pronounced regularly: "mAydun".
"Correcsiem" (or "correxiem") = correg (to correct) + "sie" (future) + "m" (1° person singular)
"ta" = "those, these" in plural neutral nominative and accusative
"khanji" = Mandarin "hanzi", Japanese "kanji"
"lyt" = "a little" from "lytil" = "little"; cf "meg" = "baygh, very" from "megil" (great, big) (cf. Greek: "megalê", Old English "mickle")
"sert" is from IE but I don't know its posterity; "er" is the comparative

Do you have a personal website or a blog ? if so I'll mention it at the top of the list.

Tiel mox !

Olivier