[LCS News] 26C3 Conlanging 101 talk now online

Sai Emrys sai at saizai.com
Sat Jan 9 14:02:38 PST 2010

I gave a talk at the 26th Chaos Communications Congress last week
about how to make a language, in which I led the audience through the
process of actually creating a proto-conlang on the spot.

The video* is now online, and feedback I've gotten so far has been
pretty great. I hope you enjoy it also.

Paper (10 pages, covers different material than the talk):
http://conlang.org/26c3.pdf
- will also be published in the next Monochrom book:
http://www.monochrom.at/mono/monochrom26-34/
Slides: http://conlang.org/26c3slides.pdf
Writeup of the proto-conlang made in the talk:
http://events.ccc.de/congress/2009/wiki/index.php/Conlanging_101

Video (1:13:41):
MP4 (825MB) http://mirror.fem-net.de/CCC/26C3/mp4/26c3-3520-en-conlanging_101.mp4
3GP (200MB) http://mirror.fem-net.de/CCC/26C3/3gp/26c3-3520-en-conlanging_101_3GPP.3gp
Streaming: http://media.ccc.de/browse/congress/2009/ (not up yet,
check back later; should be at
http://media.ccc.de/browse/congress/2009/26c3-3520-en-conlanging_101.html)
Audio:
MP3 (34MB) http://mirror.fem-net.de/CCC/26C3/mp3/26c3-3520-en-conlanging_101.mp3
OGG (34MB) http://mirror.fem-net.de/CCC/26C3/ogg/26c3-3520-en-conlanging_101.ogg

Give feedback:
Official https://cccv.pentabarf.org/feedback/26C3/event/3520.en.html
Unofficial http://bit.ly/conlang_talk
Social media / blogs: just tag it #26c3 #conlang @saizai (though an
emailed link is appreciated in case my web scraper doesn't get it)

Feedback received: http://saizai.livejournal.com/956555.html
My notes to self for next time: http://saizai.livejournal.com/957070.html

Enjoy,
Sai

* This is corrected from the version that was up earlier - that one
was missing the intro and the bit on auxlangs & engelangs (including a
griplang demo). The version on YouTube right now is the broken one, so
please download from the original sources above. See
https://events.ccc.de/congress/2009/wiki/Conference_Recordings#Errata
(search for 3520).