[conlang_learners] [gzb] Trying it out.

Brett Williams mungojelly at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 07:10:48 PDT 2009

On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 6:51 AM, G. van der Vegt
<g.vegt at swampwitchgames.com> wrote:
> hqaxsina niqm-kq-van.
>
> It /should/ be something to the effect of: My name is <name>. ; with the
> name as written there an approximation of the native sounds.
>
> Any comments?

Hello!  I've been studying gzb for a few months-- badly, I'm afraid,
but I have picked up a few things. :)

One thing I know is that names are followed by a suffix, depending on
what kind of name they are.  First names take the suffix "-ram", for
instance, and last names take "-sqam" and languages take "-lam" and
places take "-wam", etc.  So for instance my first name in gzb is
"bret-ram", which I sign conlang-related emails with sometimes.

*kq goq, hqaxsina-ram hoq.

I think I said hello to you! :)

<3,
bret-ram