[conlang_learners] Wiki for learning languages

Jim Henry jimhenry1973 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 13:03:55 PDT 2009

On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 3:39 PM, Philip Newton<philip.newton at gmail.com> wrote:

> at one point, a wiki was proposed for collecting materials in the
> language(s) we will be learning.
>
> Is this something we could host at conlang.org? Or will we be using
> FrathWiki, or somewhere else?

I don't know of a reason not to use FrathWiki.  If no one proposes
something better, I'll create a page or two there.

http://wiki.frath.net/K%C4%93len already exists.  We could probably
create sub-pages there, e.g. http://wiki.frath.net/K%C4%93len/Texts,
etc.

> Also, what else do we need besides a wiki and a mailing list?

I think the wiki can host images as well, but if you have a Flickr
account, you may want to put gzb-related images there and tag them as
Brett has tagged his:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tags/gjaxzymbyn/

Also, the files area of the gzb Google Group can host stuff.  And
pics.conlang.org is good; I've been planning to migrate some
gzb-related images thither from the Google Group.

--
Jim Henry
http://www.pobox.com/~jimhenry/