[conlang_learners] Submission of conlangs

Brett Williams mungojelly at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 16:45:24 PDT 2009

On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 3:55 PM, Jim Henry <jimhenry1973 at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2009/6/17 Dayle Hill <dwhmusic32 at yahoo.co.uk>:
> > Is there a rule against submitting one's own conlang?
>
> No, apparently not.   (If I'd thought this out better I might have
> suggested such a rule up front, but at this point three or four people
> have suggested their own conlangs so I reckon other people should be
> allowed to do so as well.)

Well if it helps remove any ambiguity, I'll nominate Dal'qörian. :)  I
don't know much about it honestly, but the stuff on the wiki page
http://wiki.frath.net/Dal%27q%C3%B6rian is very pretty.  It can't hurt
to consider it.  Have you written much in it yet, Dayle?

Anyway, I don't think people wanting to list their own languages is a
problem.  In fact now that I think about it, that's part of what I
wanted to see from this project in the first place: People who would
like other people to learn their conlangs, coming out and saying so,
drawn out of the woodwork by the temptation of the prize.  I would
like it if people would go further and compete at showing their
languages learnable by making lessons-- they can't all win the big
prize, but they could all become more accessible in general, and I
think many of them could attract just a casual student or two.

<3,
mungojelly
aka
brett