[conlang_learners] IE vs non IE

Jim Henry jimhenry1973 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 14 17:14:25 PDT 2009

On Sun, Jun 14, 2009 at 7:03 PM, Arthaey Angosii<arthaey at gmail.com> wrote:
> English is my native language and Spanish is the only other language I
> can hold a conversation in. So while my artlang Asha'ille is a priori,
> I'm "concerned" that it adheres too closely to whatever makes IE
> languages look IE.

I've just been reviewing your Asha'ille grammar, and I'd say that
several important aspects of it -- the noun inflection, the
indifferent marking of direct and indirect objects, the negative verb
inflection, the two optional verb marking systems with affixes vs.
particles, and (especially) the deictic system are unlike any IE
language I'm familiar with.

--
Jim Henry
http://www.pobox.com/~jimhenry/