[conlang_learners] Thoughts

Olivier Simon cafaristeir at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 14 00:13:34 PDT 2009

Sellamat prients!

Well, I want to reassure you; I have participated for two years at the "Auxlang list" where debates are sometimes very passionate, and I never flamed there anyone. The only time this happened to me occurred per private email, where I had reproached an auxlanger that his project, based on european languages, changed too much the european roots he used, making them too often unrecognizable. Recently, the wikipedia page of this auxlang was indirectly saved by me, because I had published the grammar of his auxlang on an external website.
About Adelic, I wanted to stress that the language itself had so reminded me of a "Black Speech" that I had planned to use it as such in a Role-Playing Game... In any case, the way that Adelic, though it rests on natlangs, debases the roots it takes is a useless complication (and it seems to me that it's grammar is not very germanic). That's why I put Frenkish in comparison.
In general, constructive comments are possible between auxlangers, and I could even advice for tiny additions into others' projects.

Olivier
http://sambahsa.pbworks.com/