[conlang_learners] Voting mechanisms

Mechthild Czapp 0zu149 at gmx.de
Sat Jun 13 06:19:51 PDT 2009

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 16:02:31 -0400
> Von: Jim Henry <jimhenry1973 at gmail.com>
> An: People jointly deciding on a conlang to learn and learning it together <conlang_learners at conlang.org>
> Betreff: [conlang_learners] Voting mechanisms

> Long before we vote on what conlang to learn (probably about
> September) we should come to a consensus about what voting mechanism
> we'll use.
I for one would like to see IRV being used. For no other reason than that it has finer preferences than Approval Voting.

> Another issue is whether to have a secret ballot or open ballot.  The
> only reason I can think of to have a secret ballot would be to avoid
> bruising the ego of anyone who is participating in the project and has
> a conlang of their own in the running, whether nominated by themselves
> or by someone else.
I would suggest a secret ballot. It prevents all that tactical BS which otherwise might happen.

~Mechthild
--
Va'xen tekne'het jasam alna! Va'xen tekne'het ojyu alna! Va'xen tekne'het tene'xen!
Let us make the world more colorful! Let us make the world crazier! Let us make the world our world!