[conlang_learners] As for me, no auxlangs

Jim Henry jimhenry1973 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 17:36:51 PDT 2009

On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 7:28 PM, Sai Emrys<conlangs at saizai.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 4:23 PM, Amanda Babcock
> Furrow<langs at quandary.org> wrote:

>> We have so many subscribers, if auxlang and art/engelang turned out to be
>> two different and irreconcilable camps, could we just split?

Yes, we've got a lot more people interested than I expected, so
splitting into two groups should probably work.

> Ideally a voting system ought to make clear whether we have, for
> instance, two or more distinctly different cliques ('distinctly' being
> a somewhat fuzzy term, as we will certainly have people voting
> differently, and there'll be some need to compromise regardless).

Do you have any suggestions about what voting systems have yield that
kind of information, or about ways to analyze the ballots in an IRV
system to get that information from them?

--
Jim Henry
http://www.pobox.com/~jimhenry/