[conlang_learners] Voksigid

Jim Henry jimhenry1973 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 11:41:30 PDT 2009

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Bruce R. Gilson <brg1942 at gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 10:21 AM
Subject: Re: URLs for my site
To: Jim Henry <jimhenry1973 at gmail.com>

On Sat, Jun 20, 2009 at 1:28 PM, Jim Henry <jimhenry1973 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Jun 20, 2009 at 10:38 AM, Bruce R. Gilson<brg1942 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Does the new text on the Voksigid page about "if anyone would like to
> consider restoring the Voksigid project..." mean that anyone is free
> to do so?   If so, you might want to be a little more explicit about
> it, like Rick Harrison is re: Vorlin on his Vorlin site; if not, you
> might want say so less ambiguously.   We've recently started a
> conlang_learners mailing list (at lists.conlang.org), for a project
> where we'll discuss and then vote on a well-developed conlang to learn
> together or a moribund incomplete conlang to revive and expand while
> we learn it together.  I nominated Voksigid; we're just now starting
> to ask conlang creators' permission to use their conlangs, well before
> we start voting on which one to learn (and possibly revive) in 2-3
> months.

Based on the large number of hits that my Voksigid page seems to be
getting, there seems to be a surprising amount of interest. You would
certainly have my permission to go ahead with Voksigid, as long as you
do one of two things (either/or, not both):

1. Keep close to the ideas of Voksigid as shown on the pages on my
site, at close enough that I'd recognize it as the same language, or

2. If you want to do something sufficiently different, call it
something else and only describe it as _influenced_by_ Voksigid.