[conlang_learners] Now or in September?

Philip Newton philip.newton at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 08:27:13 PDT 2009

On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 17:23, Jim Henry<jimhenry1973 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 11:13 AM, Philip Newton<philip.newton at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Also, what if two or more conlangs tie for first place?
>
> Hmm... I think the structure of IRV makes that unlikely, but it's
> still possible.

Ah, right. After thinking it over, since IRV wants to select someone
with a majority, the only first-place tie that comes to my mind is if
two languages both have exactly 50% of votes.

In which case splitting into two camps may well be the best thing to
do, since the two groups will be of roughly equal size, each of which
learning a language they prefer to the other group's one.

Cheers,
Philip
--
Philip Newton <philip.newton at gmail.com>